Mobile Banking FAQs
What is Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking is a service offered by West Milton State Bank which allows you to access your account information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from any cellular phone using a downloadable app (Mobile App), mobile browser (Mobile Web), or text commands (Text).
Although is a free service, regular text and data package charges may apply. Check with your wireless carrier if you have any questions.
Which phones can I use with Mobile Banking?
Hundreds of modes are supported including these major brands: iPhone, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Pantech, Samsung, Sanyo and Sony Ericsson. Phones on a number of different operating systems are supported including, but no limited to, Android, iOS, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Linux, Palm webOS and Maemo.
Participating carriers include, but are not limited to, AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®.
Can I use my iPad with Mobile Banking?
Although the iPad doesn’t work with Mobile Banking, you can use it to access Online Banking.
I have a prepaid plan. Can I use Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking works with most prepaid plans, but we cannot guarantee that your carrier supports standard U.S. short codes. T-Mobile prepaid does not support short codes.
Who can enroll in Mobile Banking?
Any West Milton State Bank customer who is signed up for Online Banking and has a cellular phone with at minimum, texting capabilities, can enroll in Mobile Banking.
Is there a fee for Mobile Banking?
No, Mobile Banking is a free service! However, regular text and data package charges may apply, so check with your wireless carrier if you have any questions.
Is Mobile Banking safe?
Yes, Mobile Banking employs industry best practices with regards to security. It has been assessed against industry security criteria by a number of independent system security experts. Customers are authenticated by username and password and no files are stored on your phone. Additionally, encryption is used for all transactions so that your sensitive information is protected. It is not recommended to use Mobile Banking on a Wi-Fi connection.
What if my mobile device is lost or stolen?
If your mobile device is lost or stolen, no one can access your account without knowing your password and, in some cases, your unique username. To prevent unauthorized access to your account, you can deactivate your phone in Online Banking, or call us at 570-568-6851 and we’d be happy to assist you.
How current is the account and transaction information?
One of the greatest benefits of Mobile Banking from West Milton State Bank is that it provides real-time account information. When you view your account balances, you see the current available balance and when you view transaction history, you see the most recently posted transactions.
Can I add more than one mobile phone?
Absolutely. You can enroll several mobile devices for Mobile Banking. To add a new phone, simply log into your West Milton State Bank account and click “Manage Devices” or call us at 570-568-6851 and we’d be happy to assist you.
How does Mobile Banking work with the downloadable Mobile App?
You get a customized application (or app) for your iPhone or Android phone that consists of easy-to-navigate screens and menus. You receive all of the benefits of mobile browser banking.
You can use the downloadable application with Mobile Banking to review recent account activity, transfer funds between accounts, pay bills, change and cancel pending payments and find ATM and branch locations easily. You must have optional Bill Pay set up previously in Online Banking to use the pay bills function in Mobile Banking.
How do I download the Mobile App?
During enrollment in Online Banking, you are sent a unique link to download the appropriate app for your phone. If you download the Mobile App in the App Store without enrolling first, the download will not work. Download the app as you would any other application from the App Store. After you download and install the application, you will receive a text message with an activation link. Click the link to launch the application and go to the Mobile login page.
How does Mobile Banking work with Mobile Web?
You get full and extended mobile banking capabilities on your web-enabled phone. Receive an optimal banking experience with a look and feel that is similar to PC-based Online Banking. In a site designed to fit neatly into your phone’s screen.
You can use mobile web browsing with Mobile Banking to review recent account activity, transfer funds between accounts, pay bills and cancel pending payments and find ATM and branch locations easily. You must have optional Bill Pay set up previously in Online Banking to use the pay bills function in Mobile Banking.
How do I access Mobile Banking with Mobile Web?
During enrollment in Online Banking, you will receive a unique link to browser banking.
How does Mobile Banking work with Text Messaging?
Text messaging through Mobile Banking is a simple way to check your account balances, review recent account activity and find ATM and branch locations in seconds. Simply text a command from your SMS-enabled phone and we’ll text you a response with the requested information. For example, if you text “B” or “BAL” to 96924, we’ll text you your account balances.
Where can I find a list of short codes to text for my account information?
The short codes you can use to receive account information through text messaging are:
B, BAL or BALANCES
TRAN or HIST or STMT
ATM + Zip code (or city or state)
BRANCH + Zip code (or city or state)
for balance information (for all accounts)
for transaction history
for closest ATM locations
for closest branch locations
for closest branch and ATM locations
for assistance and available keywords
to cancel your most recent text request
What’s a texting nickname?
The nickname identifies the account in a text message. These are nicknames that you establish (up to 10 alphanumeric characters), and they are different from the account nicknames you have for your accounts in Online Banking.
Getting started is easy. Just follow these steps:
1. Log into West Milton State Bank’s Online Banking
2. Select Options
3. Locate the Mobile Banking Profile and choose Enroll Now
4. Read Terms and Conditions, check the Accept box and select Continue
5. Choose the appropriate Services (Mobile Web, Mobile App, and/or Text) by checking the applicable box
- Mobile Web — full and extended mobile banking capabilities on your web-enabled phone. Receive an optimal banking experience with a look and feel that is similar to PC-based Online Banking. In a site designed to fit neatly into your phone’s screen.
- Mobile App — get a customized application (or app) for your iPhone or Android phone that consists of easy-to-navigate screens and menus. You receive all of the benefits of mobile browser banking.
- Text — send text message commands to check your account balances, review recent account activity and find ATM and branch locations in seconds.
6. Select Continue
7. Choose the correct time zone
8. Form the list of eligible accounts, select the account you wish to access through Mobile Banking
9. Choose nicknames to identify your accounts in a text message. These are unique to Mobile Banking and aren’t the same as the nicknames you have in Online Banking.
10. Select Continue
11. Enter your mobile phone number to receive a text message activation code which must be entered before you can continue.
- Enter your mobile phone number, with area code
- You should have your mobile phone with you.
- You’ll receive a text message with your handheld’s text messaging capabilities. By registering for Mobile Banking, or changing your registration information, you certify that:
- You are the account holder, or
- You have the account holder’s permission to do so.
- Message and data rates may apply.
- For help, text “HELP” to 96924
12. Select Continue
13. Enter the activation code and click Activate
14. You will be logged out of Online Banking